Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spokane Real Estate ~ Opportunity Knocks


Happy New Year
We've made it into 2009. What journey 2008 was...whew! My gut "usually a pretty reliable resource" tells me that 2009 is going to be a better year for all of you home buyers and home sellers out there.

Market Data
I'm still waiting for the Spokane Association of Realtors to publish December Market Data. As soon as I have it I will post it here. I did some preliminary research and it looks like there may have been more closed sales in December than November. I'm pretty sure you are just as interested as me to see where our average and median sales prices ended up. For the last several months we've stayed pretty close to $200,000 for the average sales price. I'm wondering if we've "hit the bottom" of our pricing decline.

Resources
I found a great piece from the National Association Of Home Builders that I am going to share with you here. This site has a great CONSUMER section that you may want to check out. I like this piece because it really summarizes the buying opportunities out there. It talks about tax advantages and also building wealth through home ownership. Take a peek and let me know what you think.

Concerns
My biggest concern is that some will miss out on this age of opportunity. I strongly encourage you to research our market. Talk to your Windermere agent. Get detailed information on neighborhoods you are interested in. I've heard all kinds of predictions about the real estate market in 2009. Take this time to research your timing. Here are some folks who have taken advantage of current market conditions.

Since I've misplaced my crystal ball, and cannot see into the future...we have to look at the facts. Our supply of homes is about the same as it was last year at this time. That means you have good options in choosing a home. Interest rates are phenomenal...in the low 5% range. Yes, you can get a mortgage. And, the snow started melting today!!

Cheers in the New Year!

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Real Estate Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory